The Level 3 Award in Delivering Training is mainly aimed at those who will deliver in-house training with an emphasis on developing classroom skills including planning, preparation, different delivery methods and more.
An alternative professional training qualification such as Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training (delivered by Intrinsic Training), is more focused on procedures, protocol and regulatory requirements.
The Level 3 Award in Delivering Training is a practical qualification suitable for new and experienced trainers who wish to improve their classroom skills and obtain a nationally recognised training qualification that will also enable them to deliver regulated qualifications.
How long is the The Level 3 Award in Delivering Training?
The course is normally delivered over two days. However courses can be arranged one day per week.
- Identify the level and ability of the learner group
- Consider possible health and safety and session ground rules
- Awareness of housekeeping practicalities including suitability of venue and equipment etc.
- Develop planning and preparation of training sessions.
- Preparation for training delivery
- Selecting suitable delivery methods
- Developing resources to meet the needs of the subject and of the needs of the learners
- Identify key content required for a training session
- Develop use of suitable training materials and resources as part of a plan for training delivery
- Prepare a timed session plan
- Select and demonstrate delivery strategies
- Deliver a training session
- Demonstrate the use of assessment strategies during delivery,
- Identify communication techniques to build a rapport with learners
- Develop evaluation techniques of a peers training session delivery
- Prepare a self evaluation techniques
- Identify areas for future development
The Level 3 Award in Delivering Training qualification is assessed by a practical assessment and a self-evaluation report and structured written feedback.
Learners will need to practically demonstrate the delivery of a micro-teaching session totalling 30 minutes.
This must be delivered using the prepared timed session plan and the identified materials and resources in the plan also using the techniques and strategies discussed and developed during the course. The delivery of this session together with the materials and resources will be submitted to the tutor for assessment.
Feedback and Self Evaluation Report:
These components are required to be completed by every learner and will form part of the assessment resulting in final result
Structured Peer Feedback:
Every learner is required to provide written and verbal structured feedback to peers in the group. The written feedback will be submitted as part of the assessment pack to the course tutor resulting in the result and grading.
Written Self Evaluation:
Self evaluation report will be completed by each learner and presented with the session plan, materials and resources. This will all be assessed by the course tutor leading to an eventual grading result being given.
On successful completion of this qualification, to continue development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
• Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)
• Highfield Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
• Highfield Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (RQF).
Book Your Place:
To discuss this course in further detail please contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training telephoning: 01482845358 or complete our contact form and leave specific details of your enquiry.