Intrinsic Training delivers the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification.
Ensuring employees are effectively trained in health and safety procedures is extremely important to employers. Ensuring employees have the knowledge of the correct systems in place to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for everyone working on the business premises.
Those completing and achieving the Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification will develop the appropriate knowledge and attitude to contribute to an organisation’s safe operations. This is to help businesses train staff in preventative approaches to hazards and in promoting a positive health and safety culture.
Intrinsic Training delivers the Highfield Health and Safety qualification at Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 and Level 4. Full details available from Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training by telephoning: 01482845358 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our easy contact form leaving specific details of your enquiry. Philip will return your call within 2 working days.
The Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace ensures that all employees are aware of their own responsibilities and how they contribute to the effective maintenance of health and safety policies.
Course information can be downloaded and printed by clicking on the link and completing the contact form.
Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace:
This qualification is ideal as an introduction to Health and Safety for those required to have a basic knowledge of health and safety practices that are essential in the workplace. It is also ideal for those entering the workplace for the first time or looking to progress in an organisation.
- The duties and responsibilities of employer’s relating to Health and Safety
- The duties and responsibilities of employees relating to Health and Safety
- The benefits of good health and safety in the workplace
- The process of risk assessment Define the terms hazard, risk, accident, near miss and
- Identify the steps involved in a risk assessment and how risk assessments improve health and safety at work
- Identify the common hazards and effects of workplace accidents, near misses and ill health in the workplace
- Recognise how risk assessment can reduce accidents, near misses and ill health
- Recognise examples of risk controls for common workplace hazards
- Responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace
- Emergency procedures
- The importance of reporting accidents.
Guidance on Assessment
This qualification is assessed through a multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination. This is completed at the end of the course as an exam. The examination contains 20 questions that must
be completed within 45 minutes. To successfully pass achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%.
On completing the Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace progression can be made by attending the further courses delivered by Intrinsic Training Solutions.
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the workplace (RQF)
This course is people with increased responsibility towards Health and Safety including Team Leaders, Supervisors and trainers.
On completing the Level 3 Health & Safety course further progression can be made by attending the
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development
by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
• Highfield Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
• Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment
• Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace
Intrinsic Training Solutions delivers the Highfield he Health and Safety qualification at Level 1 Level 3 and Level 4. Full details available from Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training Solutions by telephoning: 01482845358 or by emailing: email@example.com or complete our easy contact form leaving specific details of your enquiry. Philip will return your call within 2 working days.