The Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing has been developed to protect customers, brand reputation and profits. The course is ideal for everyone working in the food manufacturing industry or those about to start work in the industry. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food.
Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing:
The rigorous enforcement of food safety law is important but on its own is not sufficient to prevent food poisoning normally caused through negligence or ignorance. To reduce this a high level of food hygiene the education of food handlers receive must be achieved.
Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing is specifically for those working in Food Manufacturing. We also deliver the Food Safety for Catering and the Food Safety for Retail both at Level 2.
This Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing course will be an advantage to anyone working in the food and drink manufacturing/processing industry.
- Fresh food processing
- Ready meals manufacturing
- Canning and bottling
- Atmosphere controlled processing and packaging.
We Deliver the Course in Several Ways
- The course can be tailored for you and your organisations specific
procedures and policies as long as the main syllabus is met as the
multiple choice test at the end is based on this.
- The course is delivered locally for individuals and small groups in
local areas throughout the year.
The Syllabus Includes:
- Introduction to food safety discussing contamination, food poisoning, food borne illness, food allergy and hazard and HACCP.
- The Law discussing the laws that applies to food manufacturing and broad requirements of the current regulations. The role of the enforcement officer, possible consequences of non compliance and that the law applies to all food handlers.
- Food Safety Hazards how the risk of food poisoning can be controlled the use of the term contamination, separation of raw and cooked products, what micro-organisms are and where these can be found, how bacteria multiply, the use of high and low temperature to control the growth of bacteria, what bacterial spores are and the special problems they can cause in the manufacturing of food.
Physical,chemical and allergenic hazards.
- Temperature Controls how the reduction in temperature will minimise the multiplication of bacteria, ambient, chilled and frozen temperatures, heat treatment in different food manufacturing processes, safe methods of chilling and freezing of processed food.
- Heat Processing of Food discussing the use of high temperatures and the risks of under cooked foods the methods used to monitor and record the heat treatment. How food is preserved and how the preserved food should be stored.
- Food Handlers discussing the importance of good personal hygiene, minimising the direct handling of food, hand washing techniques, the requirements of safe protective clothing and why this is used as it is, reporting injuries and why, use of correct dressings, reporting of reportable diseases.
- Principles of Safe Food Storage of the correct storage conditions, the importance of the correct labelling of products with the different ‘use by’, ‘sell by’ and best before dates, stock rotation, and the importance of completing the traceability of raw materials, work in progress and finished products.
- Cleaning the importance of cleaning in food premises, safe disposal of food waste, and the role of cleaning to reduce the risk of contamination. How to use cleaning schedules, and the meaning and use of clean as you go policies.
- Food Premises and Equipment how and why food premises need for high standards in the buildings and the equipment used in the industry, discussing food pests and the conditions they thrive in, the signs of a pest infestation.
How Long will it Take Me to Achieve Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing ?
This is a days course with the learning completed in 7 hours and the multiple choice assessment taken immediately afterwards.
How is the Course Assessed?
Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing is assessed by multiple-choice examination. Complete 20 questions within 45 minutes. Pass mark required is 60% (minimum of 12/20).
- Everyone attending must provide photographic legal identification at the start of the course.
- The course runs for 1 full day we deliver this in local areas and privately on employer premises.
- To obtain the certificate everyone attending needs to successfully complete a multiple choice test paper with 30 questions requiring 12 correct answers.
- The Test papers are available in and many different languages. If prior notice is given.
- The test can be taken orally.
- Course is delivered in English. Upon request Lithuanian and Polish courses can be arranged.`
Having successfully completed your Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing you have several options all these are delivered by Intrinsic Training:
Book Your Place:
To book your course or place on a course contact Philip Wadsworth by using our simple contact form.