The aim of this Level 2 food safety and hygiene (refresher) 4 hour course delivered by Intrinsic Training is to provide updated and to refresh knowledge for those having previously achieved a regulated food safety qualification of basic food hygiene and food safety practices processes including handling of food essential in the food catering, retail or manufacturing sectors of the food industry.
As anyone attending is required to already hold a full food safety qualification before starting this refresher, the original certificated qualification attainment must be evidenced to Intrinsic Training before enrolling onto the Level 2 Food Safety (Refresher). It is also advised a minimum of level 1 in Maths and English.
How Long is the the Food Safety (Refresher) Course?
The Level 2 food safety and hygiene (refresher) is delivered over 4 hours. Using our industry experience, making the knowledge interesting giving workplace examples with planned activities to include everyone. Always encouraging interaction throughout the course. Referring to the textbook for the course, information sheets, videos and even games to inform and build the required knowledge. Moreover, tailoring courses highlighting current food safety issues making the news making the course current and relevant not taught from a book.
The Subjects Include:
- Introduction to food safety: The main reasons food poisoning occurs.
- Microbiological hazards: Contamination of food by viruses or pathogens.
- Food poisoning and its control: Preventing contamination – buying from approved suppliers, effective supervision and training.
- Contamination hazards and controls: Preventing pathogens from multiplying. Vehicles and routes of contamination.
- HACCP for Catering, Manufacturing and Retailing: Part of the food safety management system identifying hazards and controls at Critical control points.
- Personal hygiene: Food handlers – hand washing, cuts, sores and spots, hair, jewellery and perfume.
- Premises and equipment: Design suitable and sufficient facilities.
- Pests and pest control: Contamination of food with hair, fur, droppings, eggs or dead bodies.
- Cleaning and disinfection: Soiling of surfaces and equipment requires effective cleaning and disinfection.
- Food safety enforcement: The food business operator is responsible for for ensuring that the food business complies with the law.
To book your place contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training Solutions by telephoning: 01482 845358 or use the contact form.
Personal ID Required:
Please be aware before the course can start all attendees must provide current photo ID to enable them to attend the course. Before the start of the examination the photo must be recorded on the examination document. There can be no exceptions.
The following are suggestions of proof of identity:
• A valid passport (any nationality).
• Signed UK photo-card driving licence.
• Valid warrant card issued by HM forces or the police.
• Another photographic ID card, e.g. employee ID card, student ID card, travel card etc.
If photo ID is not available as listed above, a Intrinsic Training may accept another form of identification containing a signature, for example, a credit card.
Identification by a third-party representative, such as a line manager, human resources manager or invigilator, will also be accepted.
Learners must complete 20 questions within 45 minutes. Successful learners will have to achieve a pass mark of 60% (12/20). Completed examination papers are marked by Highfield for marking. This qualification is graded pass/fail. This is instantly and nationally recognised by the authorities.
Having successfully completed this Level 2 course you can progress to the Level 3 Supervising in Food Manufacturing.
- Alternatively try Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering.