Intrinsic Training Solutions deliver the Highfield Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). Intrinsic Training deliver this course directly to employers or as an open course for the public to attend enabling smaller numbers of employees to attend.
The level 2 COSHH course is relevant for those using or coming into contact hazardous substances in the workplace including cleaning, manufacturing, healthcare, transport, facilities management and utilities.
On attending this training increased knowledge in the safe use of hazardous substances and the requirement for risk assessments to be completed as part of the precautions and procedures required to be in place.
How Long is the Level 2 COSHH Course:
The course is delivered over one full day.
- The principles of hazardous substances in the workplace
- The duties relating to hazardous substances at work
- The consequences for non-compliance with duties
- How hazardous substances can cause hazards and risks to health within the workplace
- The following key terms: • Risk • Hazardous substance • Risk Assessment
- The different forms that hazardous substances can take
- The health and safety effects that may occur following exposure to hazardous substances
- The routes that hazardous substances can enter the body
- How risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- The process of risk assessment
- How risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work
- The risk control hierarchy for hazardous substances
- The precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
- Identify the common COSHH symbols
- The types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- The general procedures that should be in place for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances
Level 2 COSHH Course Assessment:
Course assessment is a multiple choice examination which must be completed within 30 minutes.
To successfully complete the course 9 out of 15 questions must be answered correctly.
Those achieving 9 out of 15 will each receive the individually named certificate for the Highfield Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
On successful completion of Highfield Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
For further details and the course schedule contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training telephone: 01482845358 complete our contact form and leave specific details of your enquiry. Philip Wadsworth will contact you within 2 working days of your enquiry.