Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention and Control
Intrinsic Training deliver the Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention and Control (in healthcare settings) either directly at an employers site for their own employees. Alternatively we also schedule the course as part of our regular ‘Public Open’ courses schedule at the various venue locations when everyone can attend.
Who Will Benefit?
Our Level 2 in Infection Prevention and Control (in Health and Care Settings) is for those needing to learn the principles and knowledge of how to prevent and control the spread of infection in the health and care setting. Therefore this may include learners wishing to work in the sector and/or those requiring refresher training/CPD in infection prevention and control. Most importantly this qualification covers the knowledge found in standard 15 of the care certificate.
To book your place on the Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention and Control (Health and Care Settings) please, contact Pat Wadsworth completing our contact form leaving specific details of your enquiry. Pat Wadsworth will contact you within two days of your enquiry.
How Long Will the Course Take?
Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention and Control (Health and Care Settings) is delivered in one full day. The assessment exam is taken after the course has finished.
Topics Covered Include:
- Common health care associated infections.
- Chain of infection.
- Importance of correct hand-washing procedures.
- Personal protective equipment role.
- Linen management.
- Decontamination process.
- Blood and bodily fluids spill management.
- Correct sharp management.
- Waste management and associated risks.
- Different roles and responsibilities within health and care settings.
Guidance on Assessment:
- The qualification is assessed by multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination graded pass or
- The examination for this qualification contains 40 questions to be completed within 1 hour.
- The pass mark is 28/40 or 70%.
- Individually named certificates are sent to each learner on successful completion of the exam.
- Certificates are usually available within 14 working days.
For full course details please, contact Pat Wadsworth by completing our contact form leaving specific details of your enquiry. Pat Wadsworth will contact you within two days of your enquiry.