2. We come to You – We come to you and deliver the course tailored to your requirements. Delivered at a time to suit you.
3. Bespoke Course – We write a course to meet your specific procedures, processes and requirements.
Every course includes a light lunch, parking, all course materials, registration, certification and exam paper. Additional exam papers will incur an additional cost.
Highfield The Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail (Refresher) is delivered by Intrinsic Training Solutions. The aim of this 4 hours course is to provide knowledge of the basic food safety practices essential in the manufacturing industry. This includes the hazards and risks to food safety presented by food operations and personnel, together with cost- effective, practical control measures.
To register on to this course, it is required required learners present a full food safety certificate. This should also be dated within 3 years. This must be available at the start of the course together with the usual required photo ID.
It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.
How Long is the Course?
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail is delivered over 4 hours.
The Subjects Include:
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- HACCP for manufacturing
- Personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Food pests and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food safety enforcement
Full course information can be downloaded here.
Learners must complete 20 questions within 45 minutes. Successful learners will have to achieve a pass mark of 60% (12/20). Completed examination papers are marked by Highfield for marking. This qualification is graded pass/fail. This is instantly and nationally recognised by the authorities.
Furthermore the successful learners can now progress to the
Level 3 Award for Supervisors in Food Manufacturing.