What is the course about?
A first-aider must have an appropriate first-aid qualification and the qualification must be appropriate to the ages of the children in their care. Our Paediatric First Aid e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online paediatric first-aid training which forms part of the requirements needed for learners to go onto achieve the Highfield Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
This course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications.
Who is it for?
Anyone looking after infants and children such as carers, childminders and schools.
Learn at your own pace anytime using our online platform.
What will I study?
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, choking or has external bleeding
- Providing first aid to an infant or a child with a suspected bone fracture or dislocation; head, neck or back injury
- An infant or a child with a condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose; burns or scalds; an acute medical condition or sudden illness; a minor injury; shock
- An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock or been poisoned
- Providing first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
How will the course be delivered?
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Simply log on to the Learner Management System (LMS) and work your way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide with real-life context.
We make the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
How will I be assessed?
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
No prior knowledge is needed.
What can I do next?
You could enrol on the more general First Aid qualification Emergency First Aid at Work.