What is the course about/general introduction
Ideal for those new to the workplace this online health and safety course introduces basic health and safety concepts in a fun, interactive and engaging way.
Who is it for?
Ideal for employee inductions, or anyone working within a low-risk environment.
The course can also be used as part of the on-programme element of the new apprenticeship standards, supporting the knowledge, skills and behaviours apprentices need to effectively integrate into the workplace.
Learn at your own pace anytime using our online platform
What will I study – bullet points outlining modules/key themes
- Accidents including slips, trips and falls
- Legal responsibilities
- Hazardous substances (COSHH)
- Workplace health, safety and welfare
- Work equipment
- First aid
- Manual handling
How will the course be delivered?
- Keep your learners and employees engaged with interactive exercises
- Visual references to help learners understand the information
- Knowledge checks throughout enable learners to stay on track
- Course delivered in bite sized chunks to suit all learners
How will I be assessed?
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Highfield Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
No prior knowledge needed.