What is the course about?
Food safety is a constant concern for the public. It’s important your employees understand their roles and responsibilities, which is what this course will ensure.
Who is it for?
If you work in a low-risk catering environment or are simply looking to expand your knowledge, this course is ideal for you.
The course will typically take 2 to 3 hours to complete
Learn at your own pace anytime using online learning from Intrinsic Training.
What will I study?
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Safe handling of food
- Storage of food
- Personal hygiene
- Food pests and pest control
- Disinfection and cleaning
How will the course be delivered?
Our courses present the course content in ways that are simple and easy to understand, using media and content-rich exercises that are engaging for learners. Our Food Safety Level 1 course is packed with:
- Interactive exercises/gaming
- Media-rich content
- Interactive 3D scenarios
- Content provided by market leading experts
- Relevant photography and illustrations
- Multi-generational content and style
How will I be assessed?
Our remote invigilation enables learners to sit exams from the comfort of their own home or isolated workspace.
There are no prerequisites to study this course, though a basic understanding of principles of food safety will be beneficial.