What is the course about?
Food safety is a constant concern for the public. It’s important your employees understand their roles and responsibilities.
This course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications.
Who is it for?
The perfect course for anyone who handles, prepares or serves food:
- Production line staff
- Anyone in the food industries
This course is ideal for those who work in a catering environment. This may include restaurants, cafes, hotels, bars, fast-food outlets, takeaways, mobile food trucks, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
4-6 hours. Get up to speed in just a few hours (average completion time)
Learn at your own pace anytime using our online platform.
What will I study?
- Introduction to food safety
- Combat microbiological hazards
- Prevent Food poisoning
- Control contamination hazards
- HACCP from delivery to service
- Address personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Handle cleaning and disinfection
- Control pests
- Food safety enforcement
How will the course be delivered?
- Engaging interactive exercises
- Visual references to help learners understand the information
- Knowledge checks throughout enable learners to stay on track
- Delivered in bite sized chunks to suit all learners
How will I be assessed?
Our innovative remote invigilation solution enables learners to sit exams from the comfort of their own home or isolated workspace.
There are no entry requirements.
What can I do next?
You could move on to a more advanced course, such as Food Safety Level 3.