What is the course about?
The First Aid at Work e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online first-aid training and go on to achieve the level 3 award in first aid at work (RQF) or first aid at work at SCQF level 6.
Content includes topics such as understanding the role and responsibilities of a first-aider, assessing an incident and managing an unresponsive casualty.
This course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications.
Who is it for?
The course is ideal for any employee or manager who wishes to become a first-aider in the workplace.
Learn at your own pace anytime using our online platform.
What will I study?
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recognising and assisting a choking casualty
- Managing a casualty – external bleeding and shock
- Managing a casualty – minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with injuries to their bones
- Administering first aid to a casualty with head and spinal injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with burns or eye injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning or anaphylaxis
- Administering first aid to a casualty with a major illness
How will the course be delivered?
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Simply log on to the Learner Management System (LMS) and work your way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide real-life context.
We make the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media and content-rich exercises that motivate and engage learners. All of our e-learning uses interactive exercises and gaming combined with media-rich content, interactive scenarios, and relevant photography and illustrations. Content is provided by industry-leading experts. What that means for learners is stimulating and engaging content they’ll respond to and, most importantly, remember.
Key elements of our e-learning courses are:
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
How will I be assessed?
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
No prior knowledge needed.
What can I do next?
You could broaden your knowledge of this subject with the Paediatric First Aid course.