Intrinsic Training Solutions are specialists in delivering compliance courses for food production this course and similar courses can be delivered for larger employers on their own sites for their own employees
also we arrange courses locally for smaller employers to combine the course for several of their employees to attend.
This course is ideal to benefit anyone working in a supervisory position where food is prepared, cooked or served, processed or manufactured. Successful completion of the course and exam will enable candidates to understand the :
- Terminology used in Food safety procedures.
- Supervisor’s role in ensuring compliance with UK and European food safety legislation.
- Concept of contamination and the risks it imposes on food safety.
- Role temperature plays in the control of food safety.
- Importance of good workplace and equipment design to ensure food safety.
- Importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness and maintenance in a food manufacturing operation.
- Importance of Good pest control.
- Need for high standards of personal hygiene.
- Importance of being able to contribute towards staff training.
- Principles of the HACCP (we deliver a separate course in principles of HACCP for Manufacturing) system and how a supervisor should be able to contribute to the implementation of a food safety management system in a food manufacturing or catering environment.
- Importance of auditing procedures.
We deliver this course usually in two days – one day per week and then on the third week the exam is taken. This is a multiple choice test and techniques are discussed as part of the course.
On successful completion of the test each individual will receive a Highfield Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Manufacturing.