Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing
Intrinsic Training deliver this Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing for employers at their own site for their own employees, regularly through our public open courses at our regular venues and, through our bespoke or in-house tailored courses.
Intrinsic Training Solutions specialise in the delivery of Level 2 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing this is suitable for both food handlers and supervisors working in most food operations.
Achieving Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing Qualification
The achievement of the Highfield Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing qualification delivered by Intrinsic Training Solutions gives a firm understanding in the principles of HACCP and may influence the cost-effective implementation of a food-safety management system. Ultimately this may reduce the risk of food poisoning and food complaints for a food manufacturing business.
What is HACCP?
HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points, this is a systematic, preventive approach to food safety and allergenic, chemical, and biological hazards in production processes that can cause the finished product to be unsafe.
Introducing measures as part of HACCP to reduce these risks to a safe level is an essential requirement of law. Most importantly all food producing organisations must implement a food-safety management system based on the codex principles of HACCP.
HACCP for the Catering and Retail Food Sectors:
Although there are no formal entry requirements we suggest you already hold a food safety certificate or have experience of working with food. A good understanding of English is required.
How Long is the Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing Course?
The Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing course is delivered over one day i.e. 7 hours. At the end of the course there is an assessment examination that needs to be passed to obtain the certificate for the Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing. Detail of the examination are given below.
Subjects Covered Include:
The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law.
• Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
• Good temperature control and stock rotation
• The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including hand-washing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
• Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
• Safe waste disposal
• Pest control and Management
Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing is a Regulated Qualification :
The Highfield Level 2 (Award) in HACCP for Food Manufacturing (RQF) delivered by Intrinsic Training with the certificate on successful completion of the assessment examination awarded by Highfield Qualifications. The qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF includes those qualifications regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation. This makes the qualification nationally recognised by employers and instantly recognised by inspection and auditing bodies.
There are no formal entry requirements to attend this course. However we would recommend either having experience of working with food or having achieved a food safety qualification. A good understanding of English will also be required.
Everyone attending Intrinsic Training for the Level 2 HACCP for Food Manufacturing must produce photographic evidence of their identity.
There are no exceptions to this requirement.
Intrinsic Training will always ensure that each learner’s identification is checked before they undertake the examination assessment.
Examples of Photo ID Include:
• Valid passport (any nationality)
• Signed UK photo-card driving licence
• Valid warrant card issued by HM forces or the police
• Another photographic ID card, e.g. employee ID card, student ID card, travel card etc.
If photo ID is unable to be produced Intrinsic Training may accept another form of identification containing a signature, for example, a credit card. Identification by a third-party representative, such as a line manager, human resources manager or invigilator, will also be accepted.
Course Assessment on Completion:
- The course is assessed by multiple-choice examination, externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
- There will be 15 questions, that must be completed within 30 minutes.
- Therefore to be successful 9 questions or more need to be correctly answered to achieve a pass.
- All completed examination papers are returned to Highfield Qualifications for marking.
- The exam result is graded pass/fail.
- Results are normally available within 2 working weeks. Certificates are all posted directly to employers or individuals as discussed during the course.
- This will result in receiving a named certificate from Highfield qualifications valid for three years.
Additional course details are available here.
To Book Your Course or Your Place:
Contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training Solutions by telephoning: 01482845358 or by emailing: email@example.com. Alternatively complete our contact form leaving your specific enquiry details and Philip Wadsworth will contact you directly within two days of receiving your enquiry.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
It is important you read our Terms and Conditions