Intrinsic Training Solutions deliver Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF). With very many years experience in the Food Industry and delivering training for over 20 years. Delivering the Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF) either directly to employers on their own site for their employees. Alternatively scheduling the course as an open public course allowing everyone to join the course including individual employees.
Ensuring staff members are effectively trained in health and safety procedures is extremely important for employers. This is to ensure they have the correct systems in place to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for employees and all other people who may be working with them.
Those achieving the Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF) will develop the appropriate increased knowledge and attitude to enable contribution to an organisation’s safe operations , increasing their awareness of their own responsibilities and how they contribute to the effective maintenance of health and safety policies. .
The qualifications content ensure that all
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at learners already working in the capacity of supervisor, manager or team leader and also those who are preparing to start work at this level.
How long will it take?
This course is delivered over two days with the examination arranged for a further date agreed by all attending.
The two days of study must be attended to enable the completion of the examination which must be passed to obtain the certificate for the Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace.
The course will include health & safety legislation, the benefits of using a safety management system, the principles of risk assessments, hazards and risk control methods. already working in the capacity of supervisor, manager, team leaders or those who are preparing to start work at this level and gives them the knowledge of health and safety.
The qualification provides learners with an understanding of: the requirements of health, safety and welfare; the benefits of a health and safety management system; the risks and control
methods for common workplace hazards; the principles of risk assessment and incident
Course textbook is supplied together with course information.w
- The requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- The main legal framework and laws relating to health and safety at work
- The welfare provisions that should be made by the employer
- The sources and nature of information that demonstrate compliance and best practice with health and safety requirements
- The ways that health and safety information can be communicated
- The terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ and ‘occupational ill health’
- The main causes of injuries and ill health at work
- The benefits of using a safety management system
- The costs associated with accidents and ill health
- The typical elements of a safety management system
- The benefits of using a safety management syste
- The principles of risk assessment
- The benefits of assessing and controlling risks at work
- The different types of risk assessment that can be used
- Identify specific risk assessments may be required
- The steps to be taken to complete a simple risk assessment
- The risks and control methods for common workplace hazards
- The risks from different hazards may be affected by occupational, environmental, human and organisational factors
- How injuries, ill health and other damage may result following exposure to common workplace hazards
- Suitable risk control measures using the principles of the hierarchy of control
Guidance on assessment
This qualification is assessed by a an end-of-course multiple-choice question examination.
The examination for this qualification contains 60 questions that must be completed within 120 minutes.
To be successful must achieve a score of at least 40 out of 60. A Merit will be awarded with a pass mark of 50 out of 60.
A Progression opportunities
Upon successful completion of this qualification, continued career development
could be attained by attending further Intrinsic Training Solutions courses including:
• Highfield Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF)
• Highfield Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
www.hse.gov.uk (Health and Safety Executive)