Apprenticeship for Supply Chain Warehouse
To start this Apprenticeship for Supply Chain Warehouse each potential apprentice must be employed. The role of the warehouse operative is required in many different working environments. The tasks completed as part of the role vary from accepting deliveries and loading transport to dispatch orders to maintaining stock records and documentation. In the role a wide range of equipment is required to be used safely including very many different types of fork lift trucks (material handling equipment).
Warehouse Apprentices will communicate with a wide range of people and customers. They have a passion to meet customers’ expectations by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business. Individuals in this role are highly competent in using industry-recognised systems and associated services (e.g. Traffic/Warehouse Management Systems) and will be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines. A warehouse apprentice will often be required to be flexible and work shifts including 4-on-4-off, days, nights, evenings and weekends.
- Safe driving and/or safe operating techniques to standard and as trained, relating to MHE (e.g. Counterbalance/Reach Trucks,
- Use of warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock (e.g. Load Container Lists) within a warehouse environment
- Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and bar-coding systems to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods.
- Relevant appropriate rules, regulation and legislation governing the supply chain industry. Particularly regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items. Completed both manually and using relevant equipment (such as MHE, vehicle and delivery systems).
- Effective communication with customers that store goods with the company/colleagues (including those working remotely.
Intrinsic Training deliver all component parts of this apprenticeship including the functional skills and preparation for the end point assessment.
Together with our collaborative partner we are also able to source and recruit apprentices and advise on the use of the apprenticeship levy.
To discuss the Apprenticeship for Supply Chain Warehouse please contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training by telephone: 01482845358 or please complete our contact form leaving specific details of your enquiry and Philip Wadsworth will contact you within 2 working days of receiving your enquiry.
Useful Website: www.institute for apprenticeships.org