The Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
This article is about the qualifications changeover from the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF) to this new framework Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) explaining what these changes might be for individual qualifications.
Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) What is it?
The Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) is the framework for all of the qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual. It was launched in October 2015 to coincide with the withdrawal of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
The RQF has one basic aim that Ofqual believes will give it an advantage over the QCF – simplicity for employers and learners.
Therefore, for each qualification the syllabus we will provide information on the:
- knowledge and skills that the Awarding Organisation of the qualification will have
- The primary objective of the qualification and the benefit it provides to learners
- The possible progression routes between qualifications
- The level and size of the qualification, using a common language and terminology
- This applies to, and encompasses, every qualification that Ofqual regulates.