Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail:
For full details about this course and any of the courses we deliver please contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training Solutions by emailing, using this contact form and details of your enquiry or by phoning the office: 01482 845358
This qualification is ideal for everyone working in the food retail industry or those about to start work in this sector of the industry. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food. The Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail (RQF) is accredited and has been developed to protect customers, brand reputation and profits.
About the Course
The rigorous enforcement of food safety law is important but on its own is not sufficient to prevent food poisoning normally caused through negligence or ignorance. To reduce this a high level of food hygiene the education of food handlers receive must be achieved.
This course is specifically for those working in Food Retail. Intrinsic Training Solutions also deliver the Food Safety for Catering and the Food Safety for Manufacturing both at Level 2.
This level 2 course will be an advantage to anyone working in the food and drink retail.
The Syllabus Includes:
Subjects covered are all relevant to food retail including:
- the terminology used in food safety
• the laws that apply to food businesses and food
handlers, and should be able to describe, in general
terms, the requirements of the current regulations
• the concepts of food hazards and how the risk of
food poisoning can be contained
• the importance of temperature controls and how to
monitor product and equipment temperatures
• that food handlers can pose a risk to food safety
• the importance of utilising appropriate storage
conditions for different types of food
• the importance of cleaning in food retail premises
• the need for high standards for structure and
equipment to promote good hygiene in food retail
We deliver the course in several ways.
1. The course can be tailored for you and your organisations specific procedures and policies as long as the main syllabus is met as the multiple choice test at the end is based on this.
2. The course is delivered locally for individuals and small groups in local areas throughout the year.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
This is a days course with the learning completed in 7 hours and the multiple choice assessment taken immediately afterwards.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination. Complete 20 questions within 45 minutes. Pass mark required is 60% (minimum of 12/20).
Individuals achieving this qualification will then be issued with a full colour Highfield certificate with their name printed. Learners can then progress onto further Level 2 courses like the Level 2 HACCP for Manufacturing and then any of the Highfield Level 3 Food Safety qualifications, which are ideal for those wishing to progress to a higher or supervisory level within a food retailing business.
- Everyone attending must provide photographic legal identification before taking the test
- The course runs for 1 full day we deliver this in local areas and privately on employer premises.
- To obtain the certificate everyone attending needs to successfully complete a multiple choice test paper with 30 questions requiring 12 correct answers.
- The Test papers are available in and many different languages. If prior notice is given.
- The test can be taken orally.
- Course is delivered in English. Upon request Lithuanian and Polish courses can be arranged.
For full details about this course and any of the courses Intrinsic Training Solutions deliver please contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training Solutions by emailing, using this contact form and details of your enquiry or by phoning the office: 01482 845358