This qualification is ideal for everyone working in the food manufacturing industry or those about to start work in the industry. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food.The Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (RQF) is accredited and has been developed to protect customers, brand reputation and profits.
Contact Philip Wadsworth at Intrinsic Training Solutions using this contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Course
The rigorous enforcement of food safety law is important but on its own is not sufficient to prevent food poisoning normally caused through negligence or ignorance. To reduce this a high level of food hygiene the education of food handlers receive must be achieved.
This course is specifically for those working in Food Manufacturing.
We also deliver the
- Level 2 Food Safety for Catering
- Level 2 Food Safety for Retail
This level 2 course will be an advantage to anyone working in the food and drink manufacturing/processing industry.
We deliver the course in several ways
- The course can be tailored for you and your organisations specific procedures and policies as long as the main syllabus is met as the multiple choice test at the end is based on this.
- The course is delivered locally for individuals and small groups in local areas throughout the year.
The Syllabus Includes:
- Introduction to food safety discussing contamination, food poisoning, food borne illness, food allergy and hazard and HACCP.
- The Law discussing the laws that applies to food manufacturing
- Food Safety Hazards how the risk of food poisoning can be controlled
- Physical,chemical and allergenic hazards.
- Temperature Controls how the reduction in temperature will minimise the multiplication of bacteria.
- Heat Processing of Food discussing the use of high temperatures and the risks of under cooked foods.
- Food Handlers discussing the importance of good personal hygiene.
- Principles of Safe Food Storage stock rotation, and the importance of completing the traceability of raw materials, work in progress and finished products.
- Cleaning the importance of cleaning in food premises.
- Food Premises and Equipment how and why food premises need high standards.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
This is a days course with the learning completed in 7 hours and a multiple choice assessment taken immediately as the course is completed.
How is the qualification assessed?
Multiple-choice examination. Complete 20 questions within 45 minutes. Pass mark required is 60% (minimum of 12/20).
Individuals achieving this qualification will then be issued with a full colour Highfield certificate with their name printed. Learners can then progress onto further Level 2 courses like the Level 2 HACCP for Manufacturing and then any of the Highfield Level 3 Food Safety qualifications, which are ideal for those wishing to progress to a higher or supervisory level within a food manufacturing business.
- Everyone attending must provide photographic legal identification before taking the test
- The course runs for 1 full day we deliver this in local areas and privately on employer premises.
- To obtain the certificate everyone attending needs to successfully complete a multiple choice test paper with 30 questions requiring 12 correct answers.
- The Test papers are available in and many different languages. If prior notice is given.
- The test can be taken orally.
- Course is delivered in English. Upon request Lithuanian and Polish courses can be arranged.
Print this information for future use……book your course.